Monday, February 16, 2009

Wow, its been a long weekend. Sorry I have not been on here in a while. We had some bad news come our way last week. Thursday night my mother had a heart attack. We have a long line of bad hearts in our family, so it was not a big surprise. She is doing ok, but she does have to have surgery. So any who, I won't be on here a lot in the next week or so. Here is a link to the heart association....I think we hear so much about so many other causes that we forget about our hearts. I know I am going to go have some serious check ups. My mother did not have the typical heart attack that you see on TV. She had more of indigestion and breathing problems. Most people would not have even known they were having a heart attack. They said she has had problems for several years and we didn't even know it. I think we all associate heart trouble with old people or people who have a lot other health issues...at least that is how I thought. Well, here is a link to the American Heart Association...check it out and get your self checked out.
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1200000

1 comment:

Michelle said...

OH MY GOSH... I'm so sorry to hear this!! It's important as women that we understand that the symptoms for men are not necessarily the same for women, which makes it scarier! I hope and pray that your mom is ok!

Powered By Blogger