Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The "sick day box"


We have all been sick here and today has been the first day I have felt a little better. Three of my four children have had either the stomach flu or head colds. I have had the "old fashion all over flu". I finally went to the doctor yesterday and got some medicine. Anyway the point to my whole story is that when I stopped to get my prescription filled at CVS I thought I better get some soup and other meds for the kids...Well CVS is great if thing are on sale but if they are not, the price on products is so much more expensive that Wal-mart or Target. The last thing I wanted to do was make another stop and fight the crowds. So, as I was standing in line to pay for my 3.50 can of soup...every where else it is a 1.50...I remembered when my teenages were little I used to do a sick box. I had stopped doing as they got to be older because it became easier to get to they store. It is so much harder with little ones. Anyway..sick box is a container that contains everything you need when you or someone in your family gets sick. You are always prepared. You will need to rotate and keep your medicines up to date. The size depends on how much room you have to store it in. I used to use a small Rubbermaid container with a lid the seals tight.You can put what ever you may need when you are sick.
Here are some suggestions :

Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen
Infant ibuprofen or acetaminophen
Pepto-Bismol
Cough drops
LiquiLytes
Cold meds
Themometer
Chicken Noddle soup
Special blanket...only used for when a person is sick...might need two if you have multible kids
Gatorade or pedialyte for babies
New color books or color pagers
Dollar store toy or two
Bear feels sick book




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great ideas!
I like your blog!! I'm a mom of two wonderful teenagers, and I'm still happily married to my teenage sweetheart after 20+ years!

Powered By Blogger