Thursday, January 29, 2009

Organization tip

How to put a whole lot of stuff into a really small bathroom...use a clear shoe caddy!
My family moved about a year ago from a very large house to a house half the size. We decided to down size when I got pregnant with my forth child. I had decided to quite my full time job after baby number three. Then my husband changed jobs, anyway we sold our big house and moved to the little house.It has been a challenge to say the least. My husband and I have a small master bath...just big enough for us both to fit into. Well, being the girl that I am, I had more body products than I could use in a lifetime. I had to get rid of a large portion and figure how to make my every day products fit. I started out putting them under then counter, but that was messy and I never got stuff put away. It ended up being all over my counter and then the little ones would get into it...I don't know how many lipsticks I have lost now. This was my solution...the clear shoe caddy. You can purchase these at Target(my favorite place)for around 5 or6 dollars. If I was really organized I would label the pockets but I haven't got there yet. This seems so simple, but has freed up so much room and kept my husband and I from killing each other. I use the top pockets for my makeup...to keep the little ones out of it and the lower ones for lotion powder and other body products. This is the bathroom that I also bath the little ones in, so all their stuff is in here as well.I also use these on the inside of every door that doesn't show. The pantry for spice packets, tuna packets, any thing small that gets lost in the back. I also use the caddy for the little ones closet to store all their little shoes, mittens, hats, socks, bibs.I hope this helpful to any of you who are storage challenged.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I was wondering two things, first, could you help me organize my closet? And second, can you bring lasagna with you? Please? HAHA! :)

Powered By Blogger