Saturday, May 21, 2011

Renovations to out side of the house...phase 1


 OK, so let me get you up to date on what has been happening with our house. We bought this house almost two years ago on foreclosure. It was in a great location and had some land with it. This was very important to my husband. he loves hunting, gardening and pretty much anything to do with the outdoors. I liked it because it was big enough to fit our family and it has room to add on a kitchen on the back. One thing I didn't like was the front exterior. It had two large columns and a tiny brick porch. I have always dreamed of having a large front porch to have a porch swing,wicker furniture and rocking chairs.Since this will  be our last house for many years I was disappointed that I would not get my porch. Well, after a little measuring and figuring, Brandon  decided he could build one for me. It is going to take him much of the summer to complete it (he is doing it by himself) but it will be nice when it's done. So, here is Phase 1...tearing off all the old siding and replacing all of the windows. This week he is taking off a week from work to work on it. I will post more photos soon.


Removing the columns and the siding.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger