Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First day of summer school Kindegarten and a backpack tag.

Luke went to his first day of  kindergarten summer-school today. He also rode the bus for the first time. He was sooo excited to do that. I wanted to drive him, but he wanted to ride the bus so bad. I have been a little teary eyed about the whole thing...of course that's what mamas do. 
 
Waiting for the bus


Here comes the bus

                                              Backpack Tag
Theses are a cute way to help your child to find his backpack and they are super easy to make. I made this one last year before pre-school. Of course I didn't take any pictures while I was making it. I can not take credit for this, I found the idea a couple of years a go and I don't remember where it came from.
Luke's backpack tag

    All you need is a pack of self-sealing laminating pouches, which you can buy at Wal-mart or Target. Some cute scrapbook paper, stickers to spell out their name, metal ring(bought in the office supply section at Wal-mart) and some ribbon. I also uses a eyelet because I have an eyelet setter, but you don't need to, a hole punch will work. 

To make these you just need to trace around the laminate pouch onto a piece of patterned scrapbook paper and cut it out. Cut down a picture to size. Cut a piece of solid scrapbook paper a little larger than your picture. Glue the picture to to the solid piece and then to the patterned piece. Add your child name with stickers. Add extra stickers to decorate.Turn over and write information on the back...for example:
This backpack belongs to Luke xxxxx
If found please contact his mommy Cyndi  at 555-444-1234
Now take you take the completed piece of paper and slide it into the laminating pouch. Follow the directions on the package to laminate.
I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole and set the eyelet, but you can also use a hole pouch and no eyelet.

    I then slipped a ring through the hole an tied two colors of ribbon on. You make leave off the ribbon if you make them for a older boy. I love how this turned out an plan on making more for this fall.



Poor little Aiden feels so lost without his big brother to play with. He told Luke(he calls him Fluke) that he is going to miss him when he goes to that school. So funny!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger